[Discuss] The next Linux desktop

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
>> With about 500 votes, the results are:
>> 33% Ubuntu
>> 20% Other Linux
>>  5% Linux Mint
>
> This is a poor poll because it leaves out two major distros, Fedora and
> OpenSUSE.

I agree that the poll should have split out those common Linux desktops,
and the comments on the poll said as much, but it is telling that even
with them combined they are still way behind Ubuntu.

The only real justification for splitting out Mint separately is because
of all the talk of people moving to it from Ubuntu.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA