[Discuss] Help with samba3x and libwbclient.so.0

On 2/7/12 6:05 AM, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> Revisiting a recent posting of mine -
>
> So I have an isolated network consisting of a Win 2008 R2 w/SP1 domain
> controller and an unpatched (i.e. out of box) 64-bit RHEL 5.7
> workstation.
>
> The goal is to get the RHEL workstation to join the domain controller
> for authentication.
>
> I was recently reminded, when doing this before, that the stock samba
> on the RHEL box does not work, that, on my CentOS box, and other
> CentOS systems I've recently built, I've had to remove the native
> samba packages and replace them with samba3x.

Our CentOS 5.7 builds at work work just fine against our Windows 2008
DCs.  What exactly are you trying to achieve?  I take it you want user
info from AD via nss_ldap?  How do you want to do authentication?
pam_krb5 or pam_ldap?

You do not need to join a host to AD in order to do that.  Our older
build did not join hosts to AD.  Our new one does and it works fine for
us.  Using '-d' with the `net` command will display debug info about the
join attempt.