[Discuss] [OT] Really strange Thunderbird behavior

A few weeks ago my friend was complaining that he could not send email.
He has Windows 7. I had him check the SMTP panel. Today he brought his
computer with him to breakfast, and the problem is that the Compose
windows is missing BOTH the menu bar and the tool bar. So, not only can
I get the send button to reappear (right click on menu bar), but I have
not yet found a way to bring either of the bars up on the Compose
windows. I have not checked to see if he has a backup prefs.js. I was
looking through my prefs.js to see if I could easily find the correct
setting. While at the Galley I did a search, but ended up taking the
laptop home. After a quick search I found a solution. Alt-V (view) will
cause the menu bar to come back up, then you can turn on the menu bar
and the composition toolbar.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix