[Discuss] Adventures in N40L Land

On Feb 24, 2012, at 11:32 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:

> Search for N40L bios mods.  There are ones that enable full AHCI use
> of the 5th internal SATA (optical disc drive) port and the eSATA port.
> I haven't tried it yet myself.

I've read about them but they scare me.  It's why I'm running the system disk off of the optical SATA port instead of USB and using the port as a fifth data disk.

Regardless, I think that my disk dock is a bit dodgy in eSATA mode.  A bus rescan enumerates disks in it but they stop reading after a couple of minutes.  Works fine in USB mode.

--Rich P.