[Discuss] [Position-available] Senior Linux Systems Engineer - Needham, MA

Our client, a profitable tier-one venture backed SaaS company, has
exclusively engaged CareerEncore to conduct a search for a passionate Senior
Linux Systems Engineer to join their growing SaaS Operations team located in
Needham, MA.  This full time hire will help to bridge the gap between the
middle and web application tiers within their high volume, highly available,
high transaction customer-facing web environment.

If you are interested in solving very cool performance and optimization
problems, this role may just be for you! To explore this opportunity, please
send your resume to recruiter at careerencore.com.  If this role is not for you
right now, please feel welcome to pass it along. The full description can be
reviewed below and at
http://www.careerencore.com/jobs/bid/75449/Senior-Systems-Engineer-Linux-MyS
QL-Apache-Jboss-Greater-Boston

Senior Systems Engineer (Linux, MySQL, Apache, Jboss)

Responsibilities:
. Responsible for maintaining our 24x7x365 Software-as-a-Service platform
. Configure and tune system and network parameters for optimum performance
. Monitor systems and plan for future capacity and scaling
. Analyze project requirements and recommend system architectures for web
applications and networking systems.
. Handle tier 2/3 trouble tickets for SaaS customers - this is NOT a tech
support position
. Maintain and improve and implement backup strategies for our SaaS platform

. Create and maintain documentation on processes and procedures.
. Participate in an on-call rotation
. Implement key automation tools for streamlining workflow and systems
management
. Work collaboratively with development, QA and other administrators to
develop and implement improved deployment practices.
. Work with the Business Continuity Team to refine and test disaster
recovery systems and procedures.

Requirements:
. 5+ years of UNIX/Linux(RHEL/OEL) systems administration in a 100+ server
environment supporting highly available, customer-facing services
. Deep understanding of Linux internals, including kernel and tcp stack
tuning
. Extensive experience with the following applications: MySQL 5. x, Apache
2.x and Jboss 4.x
. Proficient in at least one scripting language (perl, bash, ksh, Python)
. Experience scaling web applications in a highly available environment (OS,
db, application and web tier clustering)
. Experience optimizing and tuning the Java Virtual Machine in a high volume
production environment.
. Experience with SNMP monitoring using tools similar to Cacti, Nagios, or
Groundwork
. In depth knowledge of iSCSI-based storage area networks
. Experience with virtualization technology (VMware) is desired
. Experience migrating from Windows to Linux platform highly desirable
. Solid understand of programming and software development to the level
necessary to interface with and guide software development groups from a
systems and infrastructure perspective
. Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, work independently,
as well as positively participate on a team
. Experience supporting 24x7 critical systems in B2B and B2C
. Experience working in agile environment with frequent software releases is
desired

About CareerEncore (http://www.careerencore.com):

CareerEncore is a premier recruiting firm that is driven by the passion to
provide Greater Boston's technology industry with exceptional talent. Our
success comes from our dedication to building long-term relationships with
both our clients and candidates. CareerEncore's commitment to understanding
their true needs combined with our years in the high-tech, software, and
internet markets, uniquely enables us to successfully match talent with
opportunity. Our goal is to provide you with the very best recruiting
experience!

Visit our website to view more of Boston's best tech industry job
opportunities: http://www.careerencore.com/jobs

Courtney S. Homer

CEO & Principal Recruiter, CareerEncore, Inc.

Phone:  (617) 242-4443

Email: chomer at careerencore.com
Web Site: www.careerencore.com <http://www.careerencore.com/>

Stay informed of Boston-area High-Tech job openings, subscribe to our job
board
<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=CareerEncoreJobBoard&loc=e
n_US>

Company Media: Blog <http://www.careerencore.com/blog/> , Facebook