[Discuss] Future of Personal Computers

Everything you might want to know about my tablet is here:

http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101/

One of the main values of the keyboard is the extra battery life.  It
doubles your battery.

Also, you have two choices to protect your screen:  Either buy a protective
sleeve, or use the keyboard dock and close the lid.  I prefer the latter.

Although it has a touchpad, the touchpad isn't very useful because it's
poorly impelmented.  It actually works very well when you're just using the
touchpad - it has multitouch, gestures, scrolling, tap to click, everything
you expect from a decent touchpad.  It's funny, because it's not a mouse
pointer.  When you move around the touchpad, you see a little circle the
size of your fingertip representing your finger moving around on the screen.
Unfortunately it doesn't have any way to "disable while typing," and the
official response is "You shouldn't be resting your hands on the computer
while typing, that's just bad ergonomics."  End result is that you're
constantly clicking on things while typing, accidentally.  Fortunately
there's a simple toggle button (like F3 or whatever) that enables/disables
the touchpad.  I find most of the time, I have it disabled, and just tap the
screen.  All because they can't disable touchpad while typing.  But if I'm
doing anything which requires extended mouse / touch screen pointer
operation ... Then the touchpad is more desirable than actually clicking the
screen.  I believe I would use the touchpad if I were a facebook user, for
example.  And playing certain video games etc, I prefer the touchpad.

For years, I always thought tapping the screen would be tiring and annoying,
but now that I have one, it isn't.  Provided that you're not doing it
extensively.  You're clicking something, reading a little bit, typing
something, then clicking some more.  As a percentage, the amount of time
your arm is extended toward your screen is surprisingly low for typical
usage.

How do you print from Android?  I don't know.  I never bothered.  I barely
print from computers anymore either - Almost everything is purely
electronic.

I don't know anything I would want to print from android.  Although there
are such things as document editors and email clients, there are also such
things as dropbox.  So if I were to print anything like that, I would just
print it from my PC.  Everything else ... Angry birds, Flashlight, Tasker,
Youtube, SMS messaging, Boston BusMaps, Video Recorder, Car Mode, etc...
Don't really synergize to the concept of "printing."

In fact, a lot of stuff I used to print, I don't print anymore, because I
have it in the mobile device.  Turns out, the main reason people print
things is because they want to take it away from their desk to review it
somewhere else.  Don't need to print maps or directions, because they're
being displayed on screen with me.  I suppose my wife might want to print a
recipe from the internet...  Now that I look for it ... In Dolphin Browser
Mini ... I don't even see a print button.  Maybe it's somehow hidden, or
it's a feature that's not available in Dolphin "Mini," but I really have no
idea.

If google has anything to do about it, I'm sure they have a way to enable
CloudPrint.  So far in chrome ... It's a good idea, but it doesn't work
reliably, so it's a disappointment.  I hope they'll get it right someday.