[Discuss] Unexplained GUI lockups

Hi,

   I have a similar problem, but different setup: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on Gnome
2 (not using nVidia drivers, either, though).
   I have had the lockup in two cases, running Firefox 11 (64 bit), and,
running IE 8 in a Win XP session of Virtual Box.
   Mouse works fine, but the keyboard won't even toggle the Caps or Num
Lock (lights) but I can use ssh, and do, to gracefully shutdown VMs and
reboot the main (PITA).

Tony Koker