[Discuss] Unexplained GUI lockups

On 04/16/2012 07:51 AM, Jack Coats wrote:
> I have lockups on my Dell Latitude D600 laptop, but I think it is due
> to my mouse.
> The mouse freezes until I unplug it from the system, and sometime have to check
> the 'caps lock' as well.
>
> There are occasions that this doesn't matter and it stays locked.
>
> The apparent locks are less frequent while using chrome since I use the
> startup option of -process-per-tab
>
> Not that any of this has to do with your issues.
Could be related. The times it locked up appear to be when in
Thunderbird I clicked on a link. In all cases, I was able to ssh in from
my Smartphone. In one case, I was able to kill gdm and relog in through
the GUI. The other times I simply shut down. Years ago when I was using
SuSE with Claws as my email client, I would have similar lockups, not
related to claws, but that was on a different computer. Could be mouse
related. The next time I see this issue, maybe I'll unplug the mouse.
Right now I'm casting blame at Thunderbird.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix