[Discuss] [OT] unions

Tom Metro wrote:
| Mark Woodward wrote:
| > ...the union in my view was a positive force for his industry.
|
| I think capitalism is at its best when you hit upon the right set of
| rules that result in self-regulating systems. From an abstract, academic
| perspective, the aspect of unions that feels wrong is that they are
| effectively a monopoly for labor.
|
| In essence (but not really) a union is an employee owned corporation
| whose sole service is outsourced labor. In an idealized market, there
| should be multiple labor corporations for any given type of labor, not
| only one.

Hey, I know! We could call these labor corporations "contracting"  or
"consulting"  or  "engineering" companies, depending on how they deal
with their client corporations.  Why didn't anyone ever think of this
concept before?

--
  The fewer jobs a tool is designed to do, the better it does each of them.
     _'