[Discuss] [OT] unions

On Apr 19, 2012, at 4:51 PM, john saylor wrote:

> how do workers stand up for their rights without unions?

I'm going to comment on this because this does affect all of us.  Or most of us, the ones who work in MA.

Massachusetts is an "at will" commonwealth.  This means that if you work in MA then you have the right to walk away from your current job with no liability.  You have this right automatically unless you forfeit it.  Signing a contract, union or otherwise, that has termination clauses may cause you to forfeit this right.  Those of you accustomed to working on a contract basis are more familiar with the details than I.

--Rich P.