[Discuss] can you copyright an API?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey
>
> Not patent an API.  Copyright the API.  Which Sun did, but Google doesn't
> feel is legal to do.

Guess what, even the title of your book is copyrighted.  Even your
distinctive and famous logo is trademarked and copyrighted.  These things
can be used according to "fair use," but google would have a really hard
time making a case that the API is "fair use," ...

Ultimately, I'm not the judge.  I'm not even a lawyer or a participant in
the hearings.  But to me, this looks about as clear as the OJ trial...  And
it doesn't look good for Google.