[Discuss] Mozilla freeze ups

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:26:16AM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> For quite a while I have had Thunderbird freeze up for a period of time.
> But more recently I have found the firefox is doing a similar thing.
> While there are some features of Firefox I prefer over Chrome, I
> might simply switch to Chrome.

Lots of us have ditched Firefox for Chrome/Chromium because of the
issues you are having.  Another anecdote--I had been using Firefox on
a Toshiba 12" netbook and it was /okay/, but then I had a reason to
try Chromium on it, and it feels MUCH more responsive on this slow
netbook, and the fan doesn't start up nearly as often.  I've not gone
back to Firefox since...