[Discuss] Web Maintenance software (for Windows)

>What I would like to do is to find a solution for him that does not
>require the purchasing of a newer version of DreamWeaver. I personally
>use emacs and vi as does JABR, but these webmasters are not tech savy.

I'm not familiar with Dreamweaver, but if it stores its files on disk in
the same hierarchy as your production web site, maybe this would work:

1. Keep doing everything in your copy of Dreamweaver or any other tool you
want.

2. Install Cygwin on the PC, making sure to include rsync and openssh.

3. Write a simple batch script, with a simple name like "sync-all," that
uses rsync to copy the files over SSH to your production site, and teach
your non-tech-savvy webmasters to run it from the command line:

  C:\> sync-all

which runs something like:

  rsync -e ssh -a /cygdrive/c/some/dreamweaver/location yourhost:/path

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com