[Discuss] Printer issues

I have discovered the generic, i.e., Ubuntu, CUPS drivers sometimes work
better than the other Linux drivers for some laser printers. I just use New
Printer, identify it as a Network Printer, plug in the IP address socket
and instead of using the manufacturer's PPD file I sometimes use the
generic CUPS file for that from the list built into Linux and it usually
works quite well with very minor exceptions.

Good luck.

-Blake

Blake Parker
*Associate Director