[Discuss] Has Comcast broken the internet?

    Tom> Laura Conrad wrote:
    >> ...http seems to have gone on vacation.

    Tom> Perhaps their transparent proxy has failed.

    Tom> Try accessing a site hat uses HTTPS. If it works, then that's
    Tom> likely the explanation. (And for many sites that support it,
    Tom> using the HTTPS version might be a short-term workaround.)

That seems to work.

    >> ...would you guess saying, "Nntp, smtp and ssh work and http
    >> doesn't," would be better or worse than saying, "The internet is
    >> broken?"

    Tom> That's a tough call with consumer support. I guess I'd start
    Tom> off by asking whether there are any known problems happening
    Tom> affecting web access. If it's a busted proxy, they'll be
    Tom> flooded with complaints.

So it sounds like they aren't flooded with complaints so I'll have to
complain myself?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

The opposite of "funny" isn't "serious"; the opposite of both "funny"
and "serious" is "sordid".

R. A. Lafferty