[Discuss] Low end color laser printers

On 06/25/2012 03:05 PM, John Abreau wrote:
> If you'r
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Shirley M?rquez D?lcey
> <mark at buttery.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure I'd say "much better", inkjets are quite good at photos now.
>> And you can't get a good dye-sub printer for $100. But they are nice if you
>> have the budget.
>>

> Amazon sells the Canon SELPHY CP800 for $84.34; it prints on 4x6 inch stock.
> If you require 8x10 inch prints, then you're probably looking at $2,000+ for a
> dye sublimation printer.

I'm not looking for over $300. The HP OfficeJetPro 8600 All-in-one seems
to be overkill for me. The 8100 is on sale at Staples. I probably could
have offered the guy $50, but I had just finished looking at some
prices. I don't need a laser, and don't print enough to really justify
it. One big advantage over the laser is that the ColorLaserJet takes a
long time to warm up, and that drives my wife nuts.

Currently I would not consider a Canon. Only HP, Epson or Brother.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix