[Discuss] [semi-OT] "Right to Own" law

What I would like to see is the Maker: Culture extend itself into the
corporate culture.

If car's don't come with source code but someone that is a 'believer'
can do a tear down, do an 'open source rebuild', only using the
information gleaned, but not hacking the computer itself.  Then making
an 'open source plug computer' for a car stream.

If desktops are 'hack proof', we need to build a new desktop and
servers that may not be able to boot some 'protected only' os's.
Currently Facebook is a leading power in the opencompute.org group for
making lower power (and 'green' in other ways) server boards to power
data centers.  I wonder if we could do a desktop based on the
opencompute.org model?

But if this happens, we need to have the fortitude to buy the
'unprotected' version of devices.

If I could buy 'open source' TVs, DVD players, I would, but it takes
skills and abilities I don't have.