[Discuss] No Wav or Video sound on Fedora 17

I installed fedora 17 a while ago and I am not getting sound from
YouTube, Movie Player (wav), or VLC.
However I do get sound from some applications as well as from Google talk.

I'm just looking for some ideas, where I might be missing something.

I did find that DKMS was not installed. (There was an issue where dkms
was broken but a workaround published).

My audio driver is: nVidia Corporation MCP55 High Definition Audio

In the past I have seen updates that cause audio problems, but usually
the next update fixes it.
Kernel is 3.4.4-3.fc17.x86_6
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.x86_64 1.0.25-3.fc17 @fedora
pulseaudio.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @anaconda-0
pulseaudio-gdm-hooks.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @anaconda-0
pulseaudio-libs.i686 1.1-9.fc17 @fedora
pulseaudio-libs.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @anaconda-0
pulseaudio-libs-glib2.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @anaconda-0
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @anaconda-0
pulseaudio-module-gconf.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @fedora
pulseaudio-module-x11.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @anaconda-0
pulseaudio-utils.x86_64 1.1-9.fc17 @anaconda-0
alsa-firmware.noarch                   1.0.25-1.fc17
@anaconda-0
alsa-lib.i686                          1.0.25-3.fc17
@fedora
alsa-lib.x86_64                        1.0.25-3.fc17
@anaconda-0
alsa-lib-devel.x86_64                  1.0.25-3.fc17
@anaconda-0
alsa-oss.x86_64                        1.0.17-6.fc17
@fedora
alsa-oss-libs.x86_64                   1.0.17-6.fc17             @fedora

Googling for a fix has not achieved any results. It is

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix