[Discuss] No Wav or Video sound on Fedora 17 Solved

On 07/05/2012 07:52 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> The issue was that the sound configuration was not set. Something stupid
> and simple. VLC worked fine when I manually set the output device.

Jerry,
	That's great that you got it to work for you. I wasn't a fan of
pulseaudio either, but when I started using a usb headset for
voip(ekiga) and skype I realized how convenient it is to be able to
switch the individual application in/out stream to specific devices,
using a GUI configuration tool.
	Unfortunately with so many configuration settings (application audio
in/out settings, stream volume, stream hardware output/input, hardware
volume, hardware mute, etc) it can be a bit daunting to understand how
everything works together, coming from the oss/alsa simpler world.
			Cheers,
				Nuno

--
http://aeminium.org/nuno/