[Discuss] T-Mobile pre-paid plans

Tom Metro <tmetro+blu at gmail.com> writes:

> Doug wrote:
>> Our carrier is T-Mobile, using their pay-as-you-go, no data plan.
>> ... In a year's time, we pay T-Mobile $400 for all our minutes
>> (4x1000).
>
> If you don't use many voice minutes you can actually get by for as
> little as $100 per *year* per phone with T-Mobile. (That's the minimum
> you pay to keep the account from expiring, and it gets you a "pile"
> (considering voice minutes are in declining need) of minutes.)

    Less.  I forget the precise details, but it's something like: once
you've given them $100, any subsequent minutes purchased will both add
to the pile, and refresh the expiration timer on any current minutes you
have, for one year.

    I've given them around $130 for nearly two years of talking.  $20
for a quarter's worth of assessment, $100 to extend it all out a year,
and $10 several months ago to refresh the expiration timer.  Have about
$40 of time left, which I expect will be gone before the year is up in
December or so.