[Discuss] Google's Nexus 7

For years I carried a Frankline Dayplanner.  8.5x5.5 pages. But 1.5 thick.
I went with me everywhere, like a good dayplanner should.

The new small netbooks are in the same style (but my fat fingers don't do the
little keypads on them or even phones well).

In many ways the kendal/Google pad are in the same general form factor.

Once you get used to it just being 'part of you' and it goes everywhere
with you, that is a good size.  Until I got over 'retraining me' to carry
my dayplanner everywhere, it was 2lbs of nuisance.

Being mostly retired, getting a pad would be fun, but not a requirement.
Using a dayplanner helped keep my ADD in check, kept me better
organized, and I forgot fewer things.  Overall it was a win.

I did a transition to Palm when they were the rage, and was  pretty good
at their scribbling dialect.  To bad it isn't available on the current
wave of tablets.  I found it more natural than hunt-peck typing on
little screens,
even thought it didn't come naturally at first, and was an 'acquired taste'.

All that said, a tablet in the 7" form factor, with a nice cover (small think
devices are hard for people that are clumsy) would be nice to try.

I did find leather cover on the daytimer looked good, and made it easy
to carry and felt good holding it.  Much better than plastics or even
cloth (hard to clean, tore).  Because of where I carried it, a zipper
that went around the
edge was great.  Easily kept my stuff in, and dirt/grime out.