[Discuss] Google's Nexus 7

On 7/10/2012 8:44 AM, Kent Borg wrote:
> The form-factor question is a real one. I don't quite understand the
> Ipad size, yet they are wildly successful.

That's because you're not looking at iPad for what it is.  You see it as
a stripped-down computer.  It isn't.  It's a content delivery appliance.
  It's like your cable TV box except portable and with a screen built
into it and you can buy books and newspapers as well as TV shows and
movies with it.

The operative word in that last paragraph is one of the shortest: buy.
iPad exists for one purpose: to get consumers to buy stuff.  Everything
about iPad is designed to make it simple and convenient for consumers to
buy stuff and enjoy it immediately so that they want to buy more of it.
  It's the epitome of instant gratification.  This is why it's so wildly
successful.

A smaller screen would compromise that enjoyment.  A 7" tablet is all
compromise.  Apple doesn't do compromise on the user-facing stuff.

--
Rich P.