[Discuss] Google's Nexus 7

On 7/10/2012 11:32 AM, Kent Borg wrote:
> That is why it will be fun watching Apple watch the Nexus 7 be
> successful and take market share as Apple fights with the Ghost of
> Steve Jobs over joining in.

That's what many "experts" are saying. I for one don't believe it. Apple
doesn't need to care about Nexus 7. Apple is so far ahead in the tablet
market that they could stop selling iPads today and still be ahead of
everyone else three years from now.

The fact that Google put their name on a 7" tablet says one thing:
Google is afraid to go head to head with Apple. If Google wanted an iPad
killer then we'd be looking at Nexus 10 at $279. But that's not what we
have; we have yet another 7" tablet. The only serious competition are
Amazon and B&N. For small values of "serious": Nexus 7 handily beats
Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet which will give Google a solid second place
in the tablet market, albeit a distant second behind Apple.

--
Rich P.