[Discuss] T-Mobile pre-paid plans

On 7/10/2012 10:58 AM, Steve Harris wrote:

> In order to maintain "gold" status (where minutes are valid for a
> year) you need to buy only enough minutes to put your total over 1000.
>   For example, if you have 700 minutes in your "pile", then you only
> need to purchase 300 minutes ($30) and all 1000 minutes will be valid
> for another year.  Just be sure to renew before the anniversary date!

My understanding is different. Once you get gold status, all you have to
do is keep the account active (non-zero balance) and put in some minutes
at least once a year.

I had a pay-as-you-go account with them for a dumbphone for years; I
used it as a backup. I let it lapse when the threat of the AT&T merger
came along, because AT&T is a company I will not do business with under
any circumstances.