[Discuss] T-Mobile pre-paid plans

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:23:24 -0400
Shirley M?rquez D?lcey <mark at buttery.org> wrote:

> On 7/10/2012 10:58 AM, Steve Harris wrote:
> >
> > In order to maintain "gold" status (where minutes are valid for a
> > year) you need to buy only enough minutes to put your total over
> > 1000. For example, if you have 700 minutes in your "pile", then you
> > only need to purchase 300 minutes ($30) and all 1000 minutes will
> > be valid for another year.  Just be sure to renew before the
> > anniversary date!
>
> My understanding is different. Once you get gold status, all you have
> to do is keep the account active (non-zero balance) and put in some
> minutes at least once a year.
>
> I had a pay-as-you-go account with them for a dumbphone for years; I
> used it as a backup. I let it lapse when the threat of the AT&T
> merger came along, because AT&T is a company I will not do business
> with under any circumstances.

Actually, you're both correct.  When the due date is coming up, you can
add as little as $10.00 to it and all of the minutes will be valid for
an additional year, this is provided you have previously added at least
$100 in refills to the account beforehand.

A lot of people left T-Mobile for the same reason.