[Discuss] 802.11N confusion

    Tom> David Kramer wrote:

    >> So I'm shopping for a new Wireless router to replace my WRT54G...
    >> My needs are simple enough; Wireless N, 4 or more ports, would be
    >> nice if it was DD-WRT compatible.  Recommendations welcome.

    Tom> I pity the average consumer going to buy a wireless N router.

This discussion was more than 2 years ago, but I saved it because I knew
I was going to be buying one some day.  I just had to reboot my wireless
G router for the second time in a month, so I think it's time.

I want wireless N, 4 or more wired ethernet ports, good enough range to
websurf in the back yard, and other things being equal, cheaper is
better.  Any recommendations?

As people said two years ago, even the expensive ones from reputable
companies have a remarkable number of bad reviews.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

You can't lead if no one will follow.  People throw up their hands,
then sit on them.  They just want to get on with their lives.  The
leaders keep saying, "We need strong leadership," then they sneak off
to peek at their poll ratings.

Margaret Attwood