[Discuss] 802.11N confusion

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Laura Conrad <lconrad at laymusic.org> wrote:

> I want wireless N, 4 or more wired ethernet ports, good enough range to
> websurf in the back yard, and other things being equal, cheaper is
> better.  Any recommendations?

Greetings,

My recommendation is not the right one, because you need a router, however
for folks who run their router on a different hardware, and just need
a wireless access-point -
then, there's no need to pay the price for the router part of it.

I ordered "Edimax EW-7228APn 150Mbps 11n" , for 30$ on Amazon, and it is doing
its job.

>As people said two years ago, even the expensive ones from reputable
>companies have a remarkable number of bad reviews.

most of the WiFi trouble I've seen, were due to poor placement of the WAP.

--
Guy Gold