[Discuss] iPhone vs. Android - the backup problem

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:

> Matt Shields wrote (privately, but I think it is of general interest and
> not confidential):
>
>  Just an FYI for anyone who uses iTunes and buy's apps and music from
>> Apple.  If you have lost your content for whatever reason, iTunes allows
>> you to redownload load all your content again.  I believe they started
>> doing this last fall.
>>

> I recently bought my wife an Ipad (she loves it), and I noticed they are
> willing to play (or download) all her Itunes-purchased songs from the cloud.
>

> -kb, the Kent who is of the Android persuasion.

iTunes Match is different than downloading previously purchased content.
 If you buy anything from iTunes, you can download it as much as you want
to any of your devices (iPhone, iTouch, iPad, Mac's, etc) if you ever
delete it.

iTunes Match is a yearly fee to take any songs you didn't purchase from
Apple and they will "match" them in the cloud for you so you can stream or
download them to any device.  That way you don't have to rip/copy them to
all your computers

Matthew Shields
www.sysadminvalley.com
www.jeeprally.com