[Discuss] Oracle Linux, going after CentOs

On 07/24/2012 07:48 AM, David Kramer wrote:
> On 07/23/2012 01:07 PM, Guy Gold wrote:
>> They don't really leave much room for questions :)
>>
>> http://linux.oracle.com/switch/centos/
>>
>> (I am , in no way, affiliated with Oracle)
> You know, when your email subject starts with Oracle is going after
> something, the default assumption is that it's about a law suit ;)

That would make for an interesting lawsuit :-)

Basically, I'm wondering why Oracle is actually building their own
distro. We can speculate that they want to dominate the Linux enterprise
market.

Oracle Linux vs Red Hat Enterprise Linux
http://www.oracle.com/webapps/dialogue/ns/dlgwelcome.jsp?p_ext=Y&p_dlg_id=11235522&src=7385696&Act=7&sckw=WWMK11076596MPP001.GCM.8352.100

BTW: Goo.gl did not work so I was unable to shorten URL.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix