[Discuss] Oracle Linux, going after CentOs

On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 20:59 -0400, Jim Gasek wrote:
> They're willing to undercut on price to gain a foothold.

Which is amusing because Red Hat's inflated prices are held aloft by
comparative expectation. Basically everyone in that market from
Microsoft, IBM and even Oracle are charging amazing sums of money that
don't really relate to the floor of the product they sell.

If that starts to slip and Red Hat et al have to compete in a real
market and the prices fall to a relative floor, then all that lovely
money currently being splashed about in Gnome and Fedora to kick back
our desktop's development will shrink.

And the last thing we want is Ubuntu being hurt. ;-)

Martin,