[Discuss] Oracle Linux, going after CentOs

On 7/27/2012 2:28 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> The only way it should cause conflicts is if you installed "extra" SL
> packages that didn't come from the original vendor (RHEL).

Such as the Graphviz libraries that ROOT and GNU Octave require?  RHEL
does not include Graphviz; SL does.  The versions of Graphviz in EPEL
conflict with the versions in SL.  If you install ROOT or GNU Octave
from EPEL on Scientific Linux then you will break your update chain.
It's the only example that I'm aware of but one example is sufficient to
reject the claim of 100% binary compatibility.

--
Rich P.