[Discuss] Fighting UEFI

I am guessing someone will either come up with a crack, or will buy a
'certificate' and it will be 'leaked' or otherwise subverted before
long.

I could envision a boot program could have it installed, and just be
used as a system loader like grub, and it would be the boot loader
that has a certificate rather than the entire system.  It won't take
long for the 'license cost' to be amortized to under $.01 per system.

And who knows, if there is enough of a backlash, some MoBo mfgr might
take pity and make a 'non-secure' MoBo for our 'community', and not
for use with W$.

I could see it marked with a circle/slash over the W$ logo :)

There will be certain hardware made that are 'unbreakable', and may
even be cheap because M$ allows it to be.  But those kinds of things
just tend to be more of a challenge to our open-community.  Bragging
rights will go to the first person/group to 'get er done'.

Smarter mfgr's IMHO, may have a 'special' unlock method that will
ensure once 'broken' cannot be 're-secured', thus making their legal
obligations with M$ kept.  (Burn a fuse in a one-time-programmable
prom with on-board programmer, etc).

Just my musings with my fuzzy crystal ball... JC