[Discuss] Google's Nexus 7

Tom Metro wrote:
> Available now for pre-order from Google, or it'll be in stores, like
> Staples, in a few weeks. (It looked like Staples was only offering the
> 16 GB model, but that'll probably get updated.)

Anyone successful in finding one at a local retailer?

After a few visits and calls to Staples, persistence eventually paid off
last week, and I found a 16 GB model. Only one received by that store
that week. They still seem to be getting them in tiny batches of 3 or
fewer. (But demand can't be that high, as I believe the tablet arrived
at the store mid-day and was still available near closing time when I
bought it.)

They said they had a bunch of the 8 GB models on hand. It seems the
tech-savvy early adopters are mostly the ones buying at this stage.
Google was expecting the 8 GB model to sell much better, and they've
sold out of the 16 GB models.

The online inventory reporting at Staples was near useless. It
alternated from "not carried at this location" to "low stock" to "in
stock," and nearly 100% of the time didn't reflect the actual situation.

 -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA