[Discuss] Computer donations

Greetings BLU members.

Does anyone have experience with Computer donations in the
Boston/Greater Boston area ?

We have some model year 2006-2007 systems (Pentium-D / Border of
Core2Duo era ) , that, may be available for
donation, the matter still needs to pass some ranks of approval, but I
want to check before I even offer .

1.  Will such systems be of use   ? ( or charities may say that
they're 'too-old' )
2 . I was told , by a well-knowing source, that donating computers,
may mean that -
     you will be asked to support them later on, and if so, you must
grant support
    - , that will be a deal breaker if cannot be avoided.
3. Any experience you can post back will be welcome.

Thank you.

--
Guy Gold