[Discuss] asset/inventory db : tracmor or ?

Now that the big production DB thread's calmed...i think....
 (actually, thanks: I learned much,because I have nearly everything to
learn...)
I've got a  small "non-production" need, and I'm OK with using mysql.

I'm implementing (still in early research/try-this-out mode)
an INVENTORY, i mean ASSET, system for work/campus (network operations).
Basically "where's my stuff"...what model/etc equipment in each network
closet,
optionally adding cost/value/maint$ fields.

Found an amazing LACK of common/popular tools for this initially;
Then I found something that actually worked w/ PHP5 from the free tarball
at...

   (warning...don't be confused by their need to sell cloud seats for the
tool at...)
http://www.tracmor.com/

You can avoid the cloud and do your own localized/private install.
Onto your LAMP server you can try the PHP/etc at
http://code.google.com/p/tracmor/downloads/detail?name=tracmor-0.2.0.zip&can=2&q=

and with some savvy (the INSTALL doc leaves a bit for you to intuit, like
   not explaining the single-db-username is separate from web-user-names)
IT ACTUALLY WORKS. So far minimally, I mean ....GUI looks good,
videos on the main site are helpful and seem to apply equally to
a cloud user/customer, versus my-localized-installation,
though I'm having import problems at the moment.

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case it's useful (and/or I get or
share some
feedback/tips if anyone else tries it!)    Alternate tool ideas
welcome....   -- doug

==========TERMINOLOGY (standard or not? for this tool, there's....)

ASSETS  == Equipment you keep and maybe loan out, with serial numbers.....
INVENTORY  == things like cables w/o serial numbers you want to track.

Although an "Inventory" in most minds is the info/collection of the assets.