[Discuss] Ruby on Rails / sysadmin side job

Hey gang, a friend of mine is looking for someone to help him out as
he learns Ruby on Rails + some essential system administration tasks.
His name is Peter Scheyer.  Here's the information he gave me, copied
and pasted:

-----

I want to have my own craigslist duplicate up and running, hosted, and
serving the web. I have a bunch of other features to add, but that's a
stupidly easy task (all been done before on
https://github.com/railslist/craigslist-clone). I just don't have time
right now to do it myself and haven't handled all the backend stuff
before, and want someone to walk me through it. I'll negotiate payment
with those interested, half up front and half upon completion or 4
weeks' time, whichever comes first.

I want it to be a legal website to operate as a business, so I'll want
an explanation of how to take code off github and license it properly.

I want to be walked through the whole thing, from finding a host, to
registering the domain name, to putting code on the server, to editing
the code once it's running. If the other person wants to make a blog
post out of the process and send me a link, that's fine- i just want a
single coherent explanation of how to go from code to web site.

I want to be able to take payments on the website, but if that is
annoying then we can make it into part 2 of the project.

----

If you're interested, email him off-list at pscheyer at gmail.com.  It
looks like he's confusing the amount of, and distribution of, the task
ahead (he seems to think the installation will be more challenging and
time consuming than adding features, for example) but Peter is a good
guy, he's smart (Harvard graduate) and most importantly I wouldn't be
forwarding this if I thought it was going to be a Charlie Foxtrot.

Cheers,
Dan