[Discuss] Using Grive to sync between linux, windows, and Google Drive

I personally found unison to be ...

I recommend instead, GoodSync.

Oh, BTW, you can layer encryption on top of google drive/ dropbox, using Boxcryptor, which is compatible with encfs (cryptkeeper), provided that you create the volume with boxcryptor and not the other way around.

Their encryption is kind of weak (but I'll just drop the subject at that.)  For a lot of purposes, it's probably good enough.