[Discuss] Google wants images of my passport, driver's license, bank statement, etc.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 09:22:20AM -0400, Laura Conrad wrote:
>     Daniel> Unless they're being *really* evil and screencapping their
>     Daniel> calls just to get sensitive data, this seems like a
>     Daniel> semi-reasonable alternative, though admittedly I haven't
>     Daniel> really thought it through.  Can anyone see potential
>     Daniel> problems with doing it this way?
>
> Lots of people don't have a working skype setup?

And shouldn't be required to just to do business?

Proving your identity with legal documents in general is not something
anyone should need to do to buy something that's legal to buy to the
general public, and esp. not for a $0.99 item.  A requirement to give
those same documents to a seller in a form in which it is easy to
store/sell/get hacked is simply unacceptable.

-=-=-=-=-