[Discuss] can one safely login multiple times to the same user on a modern Linux desktop?

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Edward Ned Harvey (blu)
<blu at nedharvey.com>wrote:

> > From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> > bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Bill Bogstad
>
> Why don't you just create one session and reuse it?  For example, create a
> VNC session, and just keep connecting to the same VNC session from all your
> different clients?

As far as I know neither VNC nor any of the Linux "standard" remote desktop
tools support sound or video streams.   I'm also trying to support a model
where I (or anyone else using my setup) can move from workstation to
workstation and not have to worry remember to log off of the previous one
while still having a "complete" experience.  Am I wrong about this?

Another possibility that I'm investigating is auto log out from a GDM
session via timeout.   I haven't tried it yet, but apparently
the gnome screensaver can be configured to do auto logout:

http://www.woodwose.net/thatremindsme/2011/08/automatic-logout-with-gnome-screensaver/

Thanks,
Bill Bogstad