[Discuss] can one safely login multiple times to the same user on a modern Linux desktop?

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:29:11 +0000
"Edward Ned Harvey (blu)" <blu at nedharvey.com> wrote:

> VNC might not do well at supporting audio or video, but I'm quite
> sure NX does.  And Exceed onDemand.  And GoGlobal.  (All commercial
> products.)  And Citrix ... whatever their product is called.

NX isn't free. FreeNX has been dead for three years. Neatx appears to
be similarly defunct, and it doesn't do sound or printer tunneling
anyway.

Neither NX nor VNC grab DRI calls. Those are direct to the video
hardware and bypass the X server entirely. Same for CUDA/OpenCL renders.

Personally? I think this is all barking up the wrong tree. Walking away
from a workstation and "forgetting" to log out is a bad practice. Don't
cater to it.

--
Rich P.