[Discuss] can one safely login multiple times to the same user on a modern Linux desktop?

A similar discussion was had on the nlug.org mailing list reciently.

One person had a good experience by installing xrdp on the Linux
machine, then using tightvnc to get in, but to get all that windows
wants to support, I was wondering if using remotedesktop (rdesktop in
Ubuntu 10.04) or the windows remote desktop tool to login.

When logging into a Windows system from Linux, it does support audio
back to the linux desktop, taking the Linux home directory and making
it available for access on Windows, and taking local printers and
making them available on the remote windows desktop, but going the
other way (using xrdp on a linux server, may or may not work.)

I have not tried this, but I would be interested in hearing the solution.