[Discuss] can one safely login multiple times to the same user on a modern Linux desktop?

All this reminds me of the old Sun Javastations.  You could take your
ID card and swipe it on the nearest terminal, and your screen would
'pop up' because you are really running on a server remotely.  You
were just 'put to sleep' and microphones, speakers, etc were logically
attached to your ID wherever you are logged in, and when you
'disconnected' the server just saved your state.  The printers were
either 'golobal' or physically local to the station you were logged
into. ... neat concept.  it worked.  But never caught on 'in the day'.