[Discuss] tcsh, AD, and RHEL 5.6

We have a similar issue as we moved from a locally administrated NIS to
a globally administered LDAP (administered in Ottawa). While I can get
the shell changed by emailing one of the IT guys in Toronto it is the
same issue. (There are LDAP tools on the system to do this but the LDAP
database is readonly). AD is even worse. You really have to contact an
IT guy. One of the related issues we have is that now since we are using
the same LDAP that will be used in Toronto, those people who work on Sun
systems in TOR are stuck with TCSH because the Sun systems do not have
BASH on them. (Maybe IBM will outlaw them :-). Basically, I think the
solution for Scott is to fill out an IT ticket.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix