[Discuss] SuSE & RedHat/Fedora Users?

On Weds (Nov 7) at 6:30p, the desktop SIG is meeting at MIT.  We are
holding a vote for the "best distro" in order to bring some lightness to
the election season and spark some discussion.

We don't have anyone to make the case for SuSE or RedHat/Fedora as a
desktop OS.  Any aficionados out there for these distros?  If you could
come to the meeting and speak for 5 minutes about why you use your
chosen distro on your desktop/laptop, that would be wonderful.  If you
speak, I will even buy you a beer afterward so there are "free as in
freedom" and "free as in beer" incentives here!

If you can't attend or don't want to speak, I also welcome bullet points
via email as to why you like SuSE, RedHat, or Fedora as a desktop
operating system.  The "free as in beer" incentive doesn't apply for
that option, but you'll still receive gratitude.

The desktop SIG aims to support desktop users of GNU/Linux and to
promote free software to the general population, with a particular
interest in reaching non-techies.  I'll send a final meeting reminder to
the 'announce' list tomorrow.

Will