[Discuss] [Slightly OT] Streaming video services?

    Scott> Who likes which service, and why?

I use Netflix quite a lot.  For a while, I was just getting the DVD's
without the streaming, and I did miss the streaming.  Obviously, there
are problems:

    They're missing things (even on the DVD side) that they should have.

    They aren't ever going to give you current TV shows.

    You can't stream on Linux.  (I have a Blu-Ray player that has a
    netflix app, so that's how I do it.)

But I use it anyway, and miss it when I don't have it.   In general, it
doesn't look like the competition would replace it, although Amazon
streaming does have some things that Netflix doesn't, and will probably
improve fairly fast.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

His idea of rehearsals was to hear one reading and say, 'Perfect,
let's go out for a beer'.

Sada Thompson about Dylan Thomas.
quoted in her NY Times obituary, May 5, 2011