[Discuss] LDAP at Installfest

Working on two direct perm. Linux Admin roles in the Greater Boston area.  Linux/Unix, MySql, Apache, Python.  Paying well into the 6 figures, if anybody is interested please let me know.

Jack
508-766-3104
jokeefe at teksystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces+jokeefe=teksystems.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-bounces+jokeefe=teksystems.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Feldman
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:32 PM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: Re: [Discuss] LDAP at Installfest

On 12/03/2012 05:22 PM, Will Rico wrote:
> I received this query from someone who isn't on this mailing list, but interested in attending Saturday's Installfest.  Any suggestions for how to reply to him?  See below:
>
>> Do you know if anyone at the next install fest knows LDAP?
>>
>> If so, would it be acceptable for me to bring a server and a client
>> to get help installing / configuring the server as a gateway (public
>> / private nics for internal and internet) with
>> DNS/DHCP/LDAP/NFS/NTP/CUPS/SAMBA/SANED/WWW/SQL/transparent proxy
>> services?
>>
>> We are ready to toss our old network, and I would really rather go
>> Linux that Windows.
I've been involved with LDAP, but primarily from the client side.
Certainly, the advantage of ldap is that you can have both Windows and Linux clients.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.