[Discuss] Intel CedarView GPU driver, can one make it work?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 23:49:02 -0800
"Rich Braun" <richb at pioneer.ci.net> wrote:

> A week into it, I've long since concluded that the best thing to do
> is run back to the store for a trade-in.  The *only* GPU vendor that
> matters in the Linux world, 20 years into this whole graphics-card
> driver debacle, remains NVIDIA.  So if you read no further into this

I'd go so far as to say that if you want a low power consumption media
PC then get an AMD E series or Z series unit and run Windows 7 on it.
The reason is simple: NOBODY in the Linux world can deliver a
consistent mechanism for GPU-assisted video decoding. Without the GPU
assist there is no point to a low-power CPU for media playback. The
Atom and Fusion cores can't reliably decode high resolution (>480i)
MPEG-4 video in real time.

--
Rich P.