[Discuss] How to mount an Android device in Linux -- solution

I got a Nexus 7 a couple of months ago and I was frustrated by the lack of
good support for accessing Android 4.0+'s filesystem via USB from a Linux
client. I tried a few of the options out there and had the same experience
described in the blog post below -- they usually work for a while until you
put it under a heavy load and things break down. I'm posting this here
because I think I'm not the only one in the group who was looking for a
solution.

Some Googlers have created and published a FUSE drivers called "go-mtpfs" (
https://github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs ) that looks like it should make the
task less troublesome.

Andrew at Web Upd8 took the "go-mtpfs" driver and made a nice Ubuntu
package for it (
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/how-to-mount-android-40-ubuntu-go-mtpfs.html ).
I tried this on Linux Mint and it worked just fine. As a test, I was able
to cp my 609MB, 272 files "Books" folder to my desktop without any hiccups
using Dolphin.

I hope this helps some others on the mailing list too!