[Discuss] How do Linux guys back up Windows?

> From: discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org [mailto:discuss-
> bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On Behalf Of David Kramer
>
> > 2. Performance of a VM is going to be less than that if it is native.

This is not correct.  Well ... Sometimes it's correct, but sometimes guest VM's perform better than they would have if it were running on raw hardware.  Case and point, whenever the host OS offers any performance or other features that otherwise aren't available in the guest OS.  When I run virtualbox linux guests inside of solaris/openindiana hosts, ZFS makes the guest storage faster than it could have been natively.  Not to mention, backups are much faster thanks to snapshots.