[Discuss] OSS licenses

I have a new software project, and don't know which license to use.
The first thing to point out is that the project is minor and few will
ever care about it.  The consequences of choosing a different license
are trivial.

My decision was between Apache 2.0 and GPLv3.  I had read that the
Apache 2.0 was like an upgrade to a BSD license.  One of my targets
for the software is an Android phone.  I went with the Android crowd
which appears to have much of their software licensed under Apache.

The project is purely academic.  I cannot see a way to turn a buck on
the software (bummer for me).

If you had the choice, which of those two licenses would you choose
and why?  You may get me to change my mind.

Doug
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/QProcessing/0.3.3
Visual Physics App to see the math of Nature